[Samba] Username mapping.

Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com
Mon Aug 16 19:30:18 GMT 2004

Hello Everyone,
I've got Samba 3.0.4 running under Solaris 8 with ADS support... Doing the
authentication on the ADS server works, access to the defines shares work...
What doesn't work is my username mapping.

My Unix usernames are in the form of gaudej and our AD names are in the form
of joseph.gaude.

My username.map file has gaudej = joseph.gaude and when I have the [home]
share loaded up, samba is not doing the username map... I've read most the
docs and can't make this work.

My home directories under Solaris are controlled by NIS...

Here are snippets of my smb.conf:
# Date: 2004/07/21 16:20:13

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = GDAIS
        netbios name = athena
        realm = AD.GD-AIS.COM
        password server = 156.23.150.85
        server string = Athena Samba Server
        security = ads
        encrypt passwords = yes
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
#       log level = 10
#       max log size = 1000
#       message command = sh -c `(echo WinPopup\ message\ from\ %f | cat %s)
> /
dev/console` &
        winbind separator = +
        idmap uid = 10000-40000
        idmap gid = 10000-40000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/tcsh

[homes]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no

So everything works but the user mapping... I'm still coming accross as
GDAIS+joseph.gaude and I need gaudej.

Can anyone tell me how to pull this off?

Thanks!!

...Joe

Joseph A. Gaude'
Systems Engineer - CSM