[Samba] TRANS2 notifications

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 16 18:23:51 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 20:39, Menny Hamburger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Samba 3.01.
> I am running a Win2K application that uses ReadDirectoryChangesW.
> I understood that this API uses TRANS2 notifications, which seems not to be
> supported in this version (the comment on the handler function says that nothing is done).
> Does anyone have a patch for this that I can use?

Raise this on samba-technical - this sounds like an interesting area.

Samba4 might do some of this, but it's not exactly something you can put
into production yet :-).  If it doesn't (and it has enough of a backend
to test this kind of thing out) then it will be well worthwhile having a
simple application to test/exercise it.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org