[Samba] smbpasswd overwrites existing displayname in LDAP entry

Ruud Baart R.J.Baart at Prompt.nl
Fri Aug 13 07:52:01 GMT 2004

Made mistake in my question, sorry. Question should be:

Configuration: Samba 2.2.8a with openLDAP 2.1.30 on a SeSE 8.2. server

When adding a user using a ldif file we give the user a displayName, say Ruud
Baart. The cn and uid are the same, say 21cs12345 (a studentnumber). After
adding the user to LDAP the displayname is as expected: "Ruud Baart".

However after "smbpasswd -a 21cs12345 -s secret" the displayname is suddenly
"21cs12345".

That is, of course, not what we want. Is there any solution for this problem?

Met vriendelijke groet/Regards,
Prompt
R.J. Baart

Kerkstraat 173