[Samba] Can't locate Net/LDAP.pm in @INC

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Aug 12 19:36:34 GMT 2004

Sp0oKeR Labs wrote:

> Try
>  #perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::LDAP'

Perhaps a more universal answer for posterity...

The smbldap-tools package requires that you have LDAP support in your
perl installation.  If you are using an RPM based linux distribution you
could try to search your RPM repository for a perl-ldap package (Fedora
Core 2 has one, that's the only linux distro I have on hand ATM) since
it's better to use rpm whenever you can in a rpm system.  This will also
make sure that you get the module where the system wants it as
apparently you may be having a problem there.

If you don't have a package available, or you're using a non-rpm based
thing like Solaris (eww) then by all means, mcpan it as given above.

Also, once you're done with that, make sure you configure the
smbldap-tools package to work with your setup.  There's some other steps
you've missed, or forgot to mention, like the one where you should join
your samba box to your existing NT4 domain and vampire off the users...
perhaps a read through the docs on samba.org would help here...