[Samba] Installation woes

Douglas Sterner DSterner at arnoldtrans.com
Thu Aug 12 16:04:51 GMT 2004

I would appreciate any help.  I have been trying to get samba working with
LDAP and have been following the Samba LDAP pdc how to by Idealx. In each
attempt i can't add users. Ideally I was trying to get one samba server at
each remote office to host the printing and files and auth the local users
with an LDAP back-end. Then I really got stupid and thought I should make
my LDAP server a pdc and each of the remotes a bdc with file and print.
Here's were I'm stuck at with  the latest issue. I do not have a slave
LDAP server "YET".

[root at chpas-ntwrksvc root]# smbldap-useradd.pl -m testuser1
/usr/local/sbin//smbldap_conf.pm line 223.
/usr/local/sbin//smbldap_conf.pm line 223.
Use of uninitialized value in string at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm
line 176.
Use of uninitialized value in string at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm
line 176.
erreur LDAP: Can't contact slave ldap server (IO::Socket::INET: Bad
hostname '') at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 176.

Thanks

Douglas Sterner