[Samba] Compatibility with NetApp DataONTAP filers?

Kalnichevski, Oleg oleg.kalnichevski at bearingpoint.com
Thu Aug 12 13:35:16 GMT 2004

Good ${time of the day}

I have just been wondering if anyone would know if Samba is compatible with the CIFS implementation of the Network Appliance DataONTAP filers?

http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/ontap.html

I have so far unable to connect to any shared folder on the NetApp filer that require authentication. An attempt to access or list shared resources on the NetApp filer fails with the following error message.

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I am running Fedora Core 2
* kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
* samba client 3.0.3-5

NetApp F85 filer running NetApp Release 6.3.2

Did anyone have better luck getting Samba to work with NetApp filers?

Any pointers would be really appreciated

Oleg

PS: I'll happily produce the debug trace if that could help pinpoint the problem

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.