[Samba] NT domain and valid user problem

Zhao, Allen Allen.Zhao at aimtrimark.com
Wed Aug 11 22:48:44 GMT 2004

Hello everybody,

I met a problem when I configure the samba for our company. The case is,

1. We have to use Windows Domain to authenticate the user.

2. Only a few domain users can access the samba server.

2. We wanna all the allowed domain users are mapped to 1 unix userid:
checkpoint.

The Window Domain auth is working perfect. And if we created the unix id
same as the domain users, it works. But we want to map all these users to
one unix id.

I didn't try winbindd. It seems suitable for me. But I am not really sure.
Because I really want only 1 unix id. But if no other way, is this the only
correct way?

We tried so many ways, But none of them work. Did anybody else know how to
do that. Please help.

Thank you.

I will really appreciate if you email me while reply this message.

Thanks in ahead.

Allen Zhao

Email: allen.zhao at aimtrimark.com <mailto:allen.zhao at aimtrimark.com>

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Note relative à la confidentialité : L'information contenue dans ce message, ainsi que dans toute pièce jointe, peut comporter des renseignements confidentiels et/ou privilégiés. Le message est réservé exclusivement à la personne physique ou morale à laquelle il est adressé. Il est interdit à quiconque n'est pas le destinataire visé d'examiner, de retransmettre ou de diffuser ce message, ou de prendre quelque mesure que ce soit sur la foi des renseignements qui y figurent. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec l'expéditeur et supprimer le document de tout ordinateur.