[Samba] PDC login problem

David "3oz" Sonenberg pip_prime at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 20:34:06 GMT 2004

I had my server running as a PDC in a test
environment.  I just moved it over to the production
side, and of course there's a problem.  It let's
computers join the network but when you try to logon
it just hangs on 'Loading your personal settings...'
Also in the nmbd log I'm getting the following
message:
[2004/08/11 16:20:13, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail(485)
  get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:
  Doing a node status request to the domain master
browser at IP 65.36.113.43 failed.
  Cannot get workgroup name.

That's the old IP address that I had it running on.
When I switched it over, I changed the domain name and
the IP address.  Any help would be appreciated.