[Samba] I am having problems with transfering files to a share on my SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 with Sam

Neil Proctor neil at firstvolunteer.com
Wed Aug 11 17:26:34 GMT 2004

I am having problems with transfering files to a share on my SuSE Linux
Enterprise Server 9 with Samba 3.0.4.

The server is setup as a member service in my Win2k Domain.  The
problem happens when I start to populate the share with about 1tb of
test data.  I am using xcopy from a win2k server and attempting to
transfer to the samba share which I have mapped on the Win2k Server.  It
xfers about 1gb or so, then dies giving the following error.

Aug 11 11:13:55 nas1 smbd[4328]: [2004/08/11 11:13:55, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(367)
Aug 11 11:13:55 nas1 smbd[4328]:   read_socket_data: recv failure for
4. Error = Connection reset by peer

I am new to this group, so please excuse me if this has already been
solved, I searched the message archives and saw TONS of instances where
this has happened, but no fix for it.

Is there a fix available for this problem?

Below is the smb.conf I am using.  Its generic out of the box
configured with YaST.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am on a deadline to get this
fixed and can't seem to figure out how to do it.

[global]
   workgroup = ISCHECK
   printing = cups
   printcap name = cups