[Samba] Can't mount iso files in samba environment

Charles Hamel charles at pingouin.ca
Wed Aug 11 15:50:50 GMT 2004

I would suggest turning on debugging in smb.conf (log level = 2 or 3)
and looking for oplocks messages. This is probably your problem, in the
case of ISO images, since they are read-only content, you could try
enabling fake oplocks in smb.conf. Do not enable it on Read/Write shares
since this can lead to nasty file corruption.

hope it helps

Charles