[Samba] Roaming profile, esp. laptops

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Aug 10 20:25:17 GMT 2004

You misunderstand my point, which may be my fault ;)  Said user goes
home and does his work, sets up things the way they should be.  He comes
in the next day, starts up his laptop and gets his desktop and settings
from the last time he logged off 'in the office' ( I didn't make that
part clear).  When you deal with salespeople and other types that may
not be in the office for a week or two at a time they get a little testy
when they all of the sudden start to lose things because the server
overwrote their settings.

I WANT them to be flexible, so mandatory profiles are not the solution.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.