[Samba] hard links on a samba share from a samba client

dcoletti at xtech.com.ar dcoletti at xtech.com.ar
Tue Aug 10 19:54:27 GMT 2004

Hi,
     I'm having problems creating hard links on a samba share from a samba
client.

My environment is as follows:
- PDC on a Windows NT
- samba-3.0.5 client
- samba-3.0.5 server (homes)

I use winbindd to authenticate and it is working fine, I can create,
remove and change files without any problems.

The mount command line I'm using is:

mount -t smbfs //10.101.0.231/homes /mnt -o
username=dcoletti,password=XXXXXX,uid=dcoletti

At the server (and client) I set "unix extensions = yes" (eventhought is
the default value) and I also tried "fstype = Samba".
I also tried to do the same thing against an Windows NT with a NTFS
filesystem (it didn't work eighter), that *doesn't* work at all, does it?

Any ideas on how to get hard links to work in a samba<->samba environment?

thanks,

daniel//

(here's my smb.conf)
[global]
        workgroup = MC_CAW
        netbios name = LinuxPrueba
        os level = 2
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        printing = CUPS
        printcap name = CUPS
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        wins server = 10.101.0.41
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
        security=domain
        password server = *
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000