[Samba] Issues solved with samba-3.0.6.RC2

Sten Sletbak Sten.Sletbak at adm.hio.no
Tue Aug 10 11:31:13 GMT 2004

We've had the following problem with samba-3.0.4 - samba.3.0.5:

Very strange behavior on mapped shares when the user is a member of
"Domain Admins", Unix group "domadm".

samba-3.0.0 - samba-3.0.5:

Setting "hide unreadable" on a share hides everything when "security=DOMAIN".

These problems disappeared from our test environment after upgrading to samba-3.0.6.RC2.

Anyways, many thanks to the Samba Team for their great efforts. We've successfully been
running a pure samba server environment with about 2000 XP- and W98-clients and 150 printers for
a couple of years now. :-)

Regards,

Sten Sletbak
IT dept.