[Samba] lan manager on OS2 and samba

gillian bennett gillian.bennett at celentia.com
Tue Aug 10 05:23:46 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running suse 64amd v9.1 fully patched using samba with the view to
convert from a current old OS2 setup.  There is a requirement to have
samba available to winnt, win2k clients as well as some OS2 clients.

Having built the box and set up samba as I would for a normal
windows/linux setup, I am now having problems with samba being available
to the lan manager clients. The NT and w2k machines are fine, but the
lan manager ones can connect as a particular user but can't view
contents of shares. ie from the command line doing:
net use \\linx\linxdata 	(mounts share no probs)
net view 			(can see the share)

cd into share			(no probs)
dir 				(just hangs)

in the samba log file on the suse machine I get the error
"... Record doesn't exist ..."

In the smb.conf file I have included:

lanman auth = yes
lm announce = yes
lm interval = 60
security = share

I also have the smbpasswd file generated for the NT and win2k machines.

Thanks, gb