[Samba] LDAP backend and User Manager for Domains

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at dcsamerica.com
Mon Aug 9 21:54:19 GMT 2004

I am having a problem, more like an annoyance, when I use "User Manager for
Domains". When I change a password ,add a user or any other major operation
I get an "Access Denied" error message. I have to hit cancel to get out of
the Users properties. Whatever change I made though is then applied. I am
using an LDAP backend with the smbldap-tools scripts. Samba 3.0.5 /
Smbldap-Tools .8.5.
Any Ideas about what setting(s) could cause this behavior?

Thanks for the help,

Mike Elkevizth