[Samba] Samba 3.0.5 file share problems

Dave Hall dhall at vermeermfg.com
Mon Aug 9 18:58:15 GMT 2004

I am starting the process of upgrading from 2.2.8a on Solaris to Samba 3.0.5.  I currently have a Solaris 9 server with 2.2.8a set
up and I can see my file shares from a Windows XP machine and all works fine.  As soon as I install and try to run Samba 3.0.5 I get
access denied to that server.

So - I went back and started reading and stripped down my smb.conf just to the lines of:

[Global]
workgroup = mydomain
Netbios name = machine3
Security = domain
Password server = pw1 pw2

[cnc]
Path = /work
Read only = No
Guest ok = Yes

I have also done the step of:

Net join -S pw1 -Uadmin%password

And I get the message Joined domain mydomain.

I have restarted samba.

However when I try to browse to see the share or access the share I get access denied.

I have tried to check the logs and they do not seem to be written to.

What do I try now?

dhall