[Samba] Re: Solaris 9-Samba LDAP

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Aug 9 13:30:02 GMT 2004

>In terms of configuration questions - did you install using the OpenLDAP
>libraries like I did,

Yes, using openldap here, seems to be the path of least resistance.
We're running OLDAP on Fedora boxes for our auth system, with the
Solaris machine simply being a client.

>ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn=
>uid=lnn,ou=People,dc=mge,dc=arizona,dc=edu with: Insufficient access
>        Insufficient 'write' privilege to the 'sambaSID' attribute of entry
>'uid=lnn,ou=people,dc=mge,dc=arizona,dc=edu'.
>
>ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = lnn (dn =
>uid=lnn,ou=People,dc=mge,dc=arizona,dc=edu)
>Failed to add entry for user lnn.
>Failed to modify password entry for user lnn

You say you stored the password with smbpasswd -w (I'm assuming more
parameters).  Does that name match the admin DN in both smb.conf and in
the smbldap-tools package configuration file?  Is this also the user you
used to import the ldif file you mentioned later?

>Do I need to have all of the Samba domain accounts set up before I can use
>smbpasswd?

No, you should be fine adding users.  I personally am migrating from a
2.2 world here and running a pdbedit with an import/export flag on and
it works just fine.  I believe this is calling the smbpasswd command
inline, via the smbldap-tools scripts.

>Aug  8 15:07:01 yellow smbd[18863]: [ID 293258 user.error] libsldap: Status:
>91  Mesg: Error 0
>Aug  8 15:07:01 yellow smbd[18863]: [ID 293258 user.error] libsldap: Status:
>91  Mesg: Bad file number
>Aug  8 15:07:01 yellow smbd[18863]: [ID 293258 user.error] libsldap: Status:
>7  Mesg: Session error no available conn.

This one you may want to post to the list

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.