[Samba] Joining a samba 3.0.5 domain with win2003 Server

Achim Unger _ at ing-buero-unger.de
Fri Aug 6 19:22:44 GMT 2004

Hallo ,

thanks for the quick reply:-))

> Achim Unger wrote:
>
> >Hallo List,
> >
> >I am running a samba domain as PDC with NT4 and Win2k as clients. Now
> >I want to join this domain with a Win 2003 SERVER (for using terminal
> >services).
> >
> If I understand correctly, you have a stand alone w2k3 machine.  If so
>
> and AD is not running, join the w2k3 machine to the samba PDC as a
> member server.  The w2k3 server will authenticate off samba PDC.

I tried that, but when I tried to login I Got "You are not allowed to
login" or something like it. (The message is German and I can not switch
to the default language;-)) This happens when I try to login into the
TS.

Trying to mount a share like C$ was not successful ether ("unknown user
or wrong passwd"). From your reply I guess that it should be possible
with WIn2003 SERVER like it is with NT/Win2k/XP Clients? Or is member
server something different? I want samba to authenticate the users.

Thanks

Achim