[Samba] Win XP + problems changing printer preference

Stephan Graf st.graf at fz-juelich.de
Fri Aug 6 13:27:34 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have a CUPS-printserver and export the printers via samba.
    CUPS version 1.1.20
    samba 3.0.5
All printers work fine. Only the HP Color LaserJet 8500 DN (PS)  causes
errors. I use the original ppd file from HP.  XP downloaded the printer
driver, but when I want to change the preferences I recieved an error
(Explorer.exe: adress 0x6a90450 e ...(Code 0x0000005) .. can't display
properties)

My work arround is to used the HP-8550-PS ppd file, which is delivered
with CUPS.

Can any one verify this problem?

Thanks,
Stephan

--
Stephan Graf                       Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
Tel: 02461/61-6578                 ZAM, Abt. IuT-BuB