[Samba] libiconv problems

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Aug 5 23:43:55 GMT 2004

>Also, if anyone has a step by step cookbook for doing an LDAP--Samba-PDC
>on Solaris 9 it would probably save me some time (most documentation that
>I see is for Samba and OpenLDAP on Linux - which works, but obviously I
>dont have to think as much if its written for what I have :) ).

Can't help you on your libiconv issues, but if you would like, I can
attempt to be your tour guide to getting it set up.  I'm actually doing
the same thing right now, only difference between us is that I *have*
gotten it working ;).  But seriously, I'm starting with a clean build of
a machine and will be using it for migration to samba 3 at our company.
I have tested it fairly well before, but this is the go-live after a few
month hiatus.  Sorry, I don't have a full 'here's what you do' listing
laying around, going from memory here.

Feel free to ask anything, but keep it on list please so others may see.

I'm curious as to what language/charset you are running Solaris in and
any languages you have added support for.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.