[Samba] Samba automatically disabled?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Thu Aug 5 19:56:45 GMT 2004

   Samba experts,
      I am running samba 3.0.3-5 of Samba on Fedora core 2
(Red Hat).  I am trying to use encrypted passwords.
However, when a user tries to connect to their samba
account, they end up getting automatically disabled.  Their
encyrpted password becomes all X's.  Can anyone tell me why
this might be happening at the moment they attempt to login?

   Here are my global variables in case that helps?

[global]
        dns proxy = no
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        load printers = yes
        printing = cups
        server string = Bagel
        password server = None
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
        workgroup = its
        os level = 20
        username map =