[Samba] LINUX ONLY, CANNOT JOIN ANY SAMBA3 DOMAIN

Eric G Ortego ericortego at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:45:55 GMT 2004

I have been beating my head on this since the release of 3.0.4, or
some time in May.
I have 2 domains. 1 production, 1 test. My production domain is useing
LDAP backend and has (too)many windows clients joined, XP , 2k , "98".
And 2 other linux servers joined.

One of these linux boxes I have replicated with my problematic box.
The only thing diffrent about the replicated box is that its a ppc
with a different hostname. Same distro identical smb.conf files
everything I can beside hardware and binaries.

However I cannot join the domain with the ppc. I can't join the
production domain or the test domain. I have set the test domain up
with/without ldap, with/without tdbsam, with/without smbpasswd.
NOTHING WORKS!

Im so damn confused I don't know what to do and its driving me crazy.
I even went so far as to offer money ($40 IIRC) on irc for anyone who
could help me join a samba3 domain with this box, hours later still no
luck.

I don't have each and every error Iv'e encountered along the way, I am
fairly certain that this is a bug but I don't know how to track it
down. The most common error I get is username/password related. I
would appreciate any help on identifying what is going on here.