WG: [Samba] No access even with domain trusts

Altrock, Jens Jens.Altrock at STADT-NW.DE
Thu Aug 5 14:06:27 GMT 2004

Again me, got a log file too (forgot to add it). Made that one while trying
to get groups from that user (used winbindd -d 10 -i).
Hope anyone can help me with that, for I really don't know what to do
anymore.

Regards,

Jens

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Altrock, Jens [mailto:Jens.Altrock at STADT-NW.DE]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 10:04
An: Samba Mailing List (E-Mail)
Betreff: [Samba] No access even with domain trusts

Hi there!

I got a little problem with samba 3.0.5 (configure options: --with-winbind
--with-winbind-auth-challenge --with-configdir=/etc/samba) on RedHat 9
Kernel 2.4.20-8smp. I am trying to set up a Squid proxy with user
authentification on our domain and their trust relationships.
The situation:
We got one domain (lets call it Domain A) where the server is a member, and
we got 3 other domains ( B, C and D) that have bidirectional, non-transitive
trust relationships. Domain B is Windows 2000 AD, Domains C and D are
Windows 2003 ADs, all in mixed mode.
After successfully joining domain A I tried to get the groups of users from
a trusted domain. Using wbinfo -r domain\\username succeeded for
Domain A, C and D, but not for domain B. I started winbind in interactive
debug mode, and found out that the Linux Server can contact domain B, but
gets an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED after some time... and I don't know why.
Samba interprets that as an "user does not exist" message, although the user
definitively exists.
Looking at the output of wbinfo --sequence showxs that Domain B hast status
disconnected, but if I check the trust relationship on the NT4 PDC it
is ok though.
I hope anyone can help me, for I got no more ideas.

Regards

Jens