[Samba] KIP-powerprint problems

mnehemiah at urschel.com mnehemiah at urschel.com
Wed Aug 4 13:08:17 GMT 2004

Hi all,
    Does anyone have experience running KIP-Powerprint software for
windows, with all files on a samba share?  I have very degraded
performance with directory listings in their (www.kipamerica.com) app.
 Particularly with large numbers of files in a directory (ex. 4000
files).  In the app, clicking on a folder such as that will take at
least twice as long, and up to 4 times as long to display, than an
$NT4 server.  They have typical $$$ response.  We only support u$oft,
it's your problem.  Ba$^#rd$.  I'd love to hear from someone that has
tried this software, and see if they report similar problems, and of
course, solutions or ideas.

--Mark.