[Samba] Samba on arm target

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed Aug 4 09:34:11 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 22:15, Poornachandran, RajeshX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build samba on arm target with tool chain:
> Gcc-3.3.2, glibc 2.3.2, linux-2.6.5 and binutils 2.14.
>
> When I run configure I get the following warnings:
> arpa/inet.h: present but cannot be compiled
> net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled
> rpc/rpc.h: present but cannot be compiled
> rpcsvc/nis.h: present but cannot be compiled
> sys/socket.h: present but cannot be compiled
> netinet/ip.h: present but cannot e compiled
>

> Checking configure summary:...WARNING: No automated network interface
>
> Please some one help me,
>
> -thanks,
> Rajesh

Take a closer look at the results of the "conftest.c" compilation results in
the configure script.
Perhaps try to compile the little testprograms manually and examine the
output.
The configure output is often not obviously related to toolchain problems.

In fact your problem has nothing to do with a general SAMBA vs. ARM/XSCALE
problem (it works on mine :-).

Search the latest "Samba source code for arm platform" thread to find some
more information about fixing the created config.h. Configure does not
neccessarily detect all available options when cross compiling.

Bye,
Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development