[Samba] Active Directory - Samba 3.0.4

Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com
Tue Aug 3 22:19:31 GMT 2004

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to get Samba 3.0.4 under Solaris 8 to join a Windows AD domain.

I've compiled and configured all the required code.. and all works so far. I
can do a kinit username at domain.name and get a ticket from the AD server...
Samba's smbd and nmbd run, winbind complains about credentials.....

Here's my issue. I don't have any control over the AD server. We have a 3rd
party IT support group. And I'm not sure they are adding the samba server in
the AD tree correctly.... My problem is, our 3rd party IT guys said he added
my machine to the ad domain, but, I can't join, nor is the machine
searchable through MS networking, so, I don't think he added it right.

My question is: Is there any way to join an AD domain without having to know
the administrators password? If so, how?

Thanks!!!

...Joe