[Samba] Samba vs NtBackup Round 3.0.5

Tom Hibbert tom at nsp.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 22:11:11 GMT 2004

Curses!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Allison [mailto:jra at samba.org]
Sent: Monday, 2 August 2004 6:31 p.m.
To: Tom Hibbert
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba vs NtBackup Round 3.0.5

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 02:28:31PM +1200, Tom Hibbert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I experienced the same problem with 3.0.4 that Jeremy and Bruno were
discussing - NTBackup unable being to connect to shares and erroring out
with 'Access Denied'. I have today upgraded to 3.0.5 (using the Debian
Woody packages) and that didn't fix the problem. Was the fix in 3.0.5r1
only applicable to 2000/2003 server? I am stuck in the dark ages of NT 4
here, maybe that is a problem...

> Any help would be very much appreciated as we are now 2 months without
a backup :/

3.0.5 doesn't contain the fix for this bug. 3.0.5 fixes 2 security
bugs *only*. Not even obvious fixes like the NTbackup bigfix were
included - this is to allow sites to know exactly what changes go
into a security release.

3.0.6preXX will contain this fix.

Sorry,

	Jeremy.