[Samba] German Translation of "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide" near finish !

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Tue Aug 3 20:43:40 GMT 2004

Hello at all Samba-users out there,

I just want to update you on the status of the German Translation of
"The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide".

Right now the two fattest HOWTOs are finished, we are down to a few
files that have to be finished, after that the first translation of
the Samba-3-HOWTOs will be available to the german-speaking users.

But not enough, we have even started to translate the manpages!

This project is running since late november 2003, a loose team of
volunteers has done the work, which will even get published as a book
after the translation will be done.

Visit http://gertranssmb3.berlios.de/output/ for a view at the HOWTOs
(manpages not yet online).

And if you don't speak/read german:
The items that are already translated are presented in bold font and
bigger fontsize ... not much left, you agree ...

Thanks to all of you, that have contributed
(and hopefully continue to do so).

best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger.