[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 acl problem

Prajjwal prajjwal at wlink.com.np
Tue Aug 3 16:23:26 GMT 2004

Hi Martin

I didn't find an official solution yet, but I did find a workaround that
is working well enough for my simple setup as of now:)

I just gave my samba host a different netbios name ( totally unrelated
to its dns name).  When I want to access the share, I use the dns name,
so I guess it actually translates into an i.p. address, and everything
works fine.  I don't use the netbios name as of now, since it gives
problems dealing with acls.

If you work out something better, please tell me, otherwise you could
experiment with the solution I tried or a variant.

Prajjwal