[Samba] Workstation service failing

Joseph E. Werle jwerle at kernelerror.com
Mon Aug 2 18:40:44 GMT 2004

I am having the same problem with one of my xp boxes.   The only
solution i have found is that when the machine boots you must first
login to the Local Administrator Account not the domain.  then you can
log out and log onto the domain as a normal user.  In my investigation i
have found that the Computer Browser service is failing, One sugestion i
have gotten is to set that service to logon to the locol administrator
account.  Havent tried this as of yet, I'll let you know how it  works.
This is a strange error because i have 2 other XP boxes running
identicle copies of XP with no problems