[Samba] Re: samba Digest, Vol 16, Issue 45

A.J.Dawson A.J.Dawson at Bradford.ac.uk
Fri Apr 30 13:30:26 GMT 2004

Hi Mike,

You may need to create the netlogon folder in your Samba directory tree.
Samba is installed on my servers in /usr/local/samba - netlogon is a
subfolder of that, with scripts being a subfolder of the netlogon
directory.

My logon scripts are therefore in /usr/local/samba/netlogon/scripts and
are owned by root.root, readable by all.  Find your Samba directory and
have a look for the netlogon folder there.

I hope that helps!

Andy

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:24:21 +0100
> From: "Mike Stewart" <mike at powys-training.co.uk>
> Subject: [Samba] Logon script, help please
> To: "Samba" <samba at lists.samba.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting a logon script to work...
>
> I have created a DOS batch file (timesync.bat) and placed it in the scripts
> directory of the server.
>
> The file contains only one line - net time \\ptlserver /SET /y
>
> My smb.conf "Globals" section is:-
>
> [global]
>  workgroup = PTLTRAIN
>  netbios name = PTLSERVER
>  server string = Llandrindod Trainee Server
>  encrypt passwords = Yes
>  ssl CA certDir = /etc/ssl/certs
>  log file = /var/log/samba.%m
>  max log size = 50
>  time server = Yes
>  load printers = No
>  disable spoolss = Yes
>  show add printer wizard = No
>  logon script = scripts\timesync.bat
>  dns proxy = No
>  wins server = 172.16.1.50
>  hosts allow = 172.16.15. 127.
>  veto files = /*.mp3/
>
> Looking at the Samba/SWAT help file it mentions "The script must be a
> relative path to the [netlogon] service" but I don't have/can't find
> anything to do with netlogon !
>
> I was hoping that the file would load and run as soon as the user logged in
> to the server but nothing seems to happen, no error message either...am I
> doing something wrong ?   I can run the command "net time \\ptlserver /SET
> /y" from W2k Start/Run and it works.
>
> Using Slackware 9.0/Samba 2.2.8a
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike Stewart

Dr. Andy Dawson
A.J.Dawson at Bradford.ac.uk
http://www.mossie.org
http://www.museum-explorer.org.uk

 Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.