[Samba] Logon script, help please

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 12:18:48 GMT 2004

Thanks Frode.

I didn't see anything in the help files about netlogon being crucial, or
even what it was for !

Here's what I have so far....

(/etc/samba is where my installation has put smb.conf)

So...

I've created /etc/samba/netlogon and the share..

[netlogon]
	path = /etc/samba/netlogon
	browseable = No
writeable = No

I've created a subdirectory under netlogon named scripts and placed
timesync.bat  in there.

In my Global section I have    logon script = scripts\timesync.bat

Well, it still doesn't seem to be doing anything at all when the user logs
in :-(

If I use the Windows Start,Run, \\ptlserver\netlogon\scripts\timesync.bat
after the user has logged in it does run the batch file and sync the clock.

I'm running this system purely as a file server for w2k clients, it's not in
any sort of domain... is that going to make a difference ?

I was hoping to automate this sync but if I can't get it to work I'll just
put the batch file into the \home\masters directory and tell users to run it
manually.

Thanks

Mike