[Samba] Admins cannot change folder ownership

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 10:22:31 GMT 2004

Hi All,

	how can I allow an administrator to have permission to change folder ownership from windows explorer?
The Samba server is an AD domain member server and I'm using group mapping not winbind for users and groups in Samba, I've
tried mapping both the Administrators and Domain Admins groups to UNIX groups of which my test user is a member of but I always
get a permission denied error when attempting to change the ownership of a folder. Anyone like to explain this to me?

	thanks in advance, cheers Andy.