[Samba] Logon script, help please

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 09:24:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a logon script to work...

I have created a DOS batch file (timesync.bat) and placed it in the scripts
directory of the server.

The file contains only one line - net time \\ptlserver /SET /y

My smb.conf "Globals" section is:-

[global]
 workgroup = PTLTRAIN
 netbios name = PTLSERVER
 server string = Llandrindod Trainee Server
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 ssl CA certDir = /etc/ssl/certs
 log file = /var/log/samba.%m
 max log size = 50
 time server = Yes
 load printers = No
 disable spoolss = Yes
 show add printer wizard = No
 logon script = scripts\timesync.bat
 dns proxy = No
 wins server = 172.16.1.50
 hosts allow = 172.16.15. 127.
 veto files = /*.mp3/

Looking at the Samba/SWAT help file it mentions "The script must be a
relative path to the [netlogon] service" but I don't have/can't find
anything to do with netlogon !

I was hoping that the file would load and run as soon as the user logged in
to the server but nothing seems to happen, no error message either...am I
doing something wrong ?   I can run the command "net time \\ptlserver /SET
/y" from W2k Start/Run and it works.

Using Slackware 9.0/Samba 2.2.8a

Thanks

Mike Stewart