[Samba] Re: problems accessing samba server from Pocket PC with Windows Mobil e

Vladimir Atanaskovik v_atanaskovik at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:10:01 GMT 2004

Hi there,

I am experiencing exactly the same problems like described below.
I do not have a solution right now, but I found a work-around that may
help you.

As soon as I change the security parameter in the smb.conf file
from security=user to security=share, mounting shares to Pocket
PC seems to work. (HP iPAQ 4150 running Windows Mobile 2003)

I am running SAMBA V 3.0.2.a and 2.6.4.2-52 kernel as provided
by the SuSE Linux 9.1 Pro distribution.

So set security=share ( do not forget to specify which user
can access the share in the "valid user =" section for the particular
share) and restart the SAMBA Server.

In my case this worked.

Regards,
Vlad