[Samba] Problem connecting XP to domain: "...specified domain either does not exist..."

Frode Lillerud frode at lillerud.no
Thu Apr 29 10:26:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

Samba 3.0.2a, Debian linux, 2.6.5 kernel, PDC server, WinXP clients.

I'm getting the following error when I try to add an XP machine to our
domain.

"The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

I've applied the SIGN-OR-SEAL patch.
The computer is connected through a wireless NIC to the network. I am
able to ping the server.
One other XP machine has successfully connected with the domain.

I've seen the errormessage somewhere in the mailinglist before, I think,
but am unable to find an answer to the problem.

Thanks
Frode