[Samba] printing with hp 950c

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 07:48:42 GMT 2004

Hello!

I am running samba 2.27 on a rh 9 server. I have installed two printers on
the system. They are both installed via the webmin user interface. I am
using the printers to print in a network with win98 clients.

The first printer, a brother laser, works just fine. The other, a hp 950c
does not work at all. I can install the printer on the clients, an send
test-pages, but nothing happens. The print jobs seems to vanish into thin
air.

I now the printer works since I can send test-pages from the webmin
interface, and it works perfectfly from here.

I do not get any error messages in /var/log/samba.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

Bjørn-Sverre