[Samba] Is windbindd necessary?

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Apr 28 13:04:00 GMT 2004

winbind is ONLY necessary if you are participating in a windows
controlled domain and need the users defined on your windows domain to
have permissions/logins on your samba server without having local users
set up and mapped manually.

It sounds like it isn't needed in your situation since you appear to be
running with the Mandrake box as your only server.