[Samba] smbstatus problem

Hutton, Benjamin Hutton.Benjamin at cathednet.wa.edu.au
Wed Apr 28 00:44:25 GMT 2004

I've recently noticed a minor problem in smbstatus within Samba 3.
What happens in that every now and then a user will log out, the server doesn't register it, then another user logs in and the system gives them the same Processor ID.

The problem is that the user the logged out it also registered.  This poses a problem as I've no apparent way to discovering what's the current user on the machine.

e.g.

PID     Username      	Group         	Machine