[Samba] Password changes to /etc/passwd, but not smbpasswd

sambalist at dowcarter.com sambalist at dowcarter.com
Tue Apr 27 17:10:31 GMT 2004

This seems to be due to applying the latest set of Microsoft security
patches.
I've just discovered this problem myself today.
Unpatched machines work fine, but as soon as they are patched you can't
changes passwords.
I don't know _which_ of the patches is to blame, but I think it's one of the
five most recently announced.
I am going to attempt to discovered which one it is.

Richard.