[Samba] Possibly a bug: Slow get on localhost

Tom Olexa olexat at post.cz
Tue Apr 27 15:31:44 GMT 2004

Hi there,
I guess I found a bug in many versions of samba:
When I do:

smbclient //localhost/incoming
get filename
It results like this:
getting file \filename of size 838656 as filename (75.0 kb/s)
(average 75.2 kb/s) ... or similar LOW speed.

Something similar has been described at
lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-May/044345.html

Well, I tested these at 3 different machines
Linux 2.4.21 mandrake, Version 2.2.7a
Linux 2.4.19 mandrake, Version 2.2.6a?
Gentoo linux ..., Version 3.0.1?

In all cases, 'get' is really slow, and almost in every case the
speed is some 75kB/s. Regards, Tom

--
ExEf - the Ultimate Effect Processor - GNU Linux
*** http://exef.xko.cz ***

--
ANONYMNI PRIPOJENI K INTERNETU - bez registrace, zdarma, ihned!
Pripojeni na cisle 971 200 111 z cele CR,