[Samba] Making shares invisible to unauthorized users

AndyLiebman at aol.com AndyLiebman at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 10:26:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

Is there a simple way to set up Samba so that users ONLY see the shares that
belong to them?

I'm not talking about the user's HOME directory. But lets say I have 60
shares in my smb.conf file. To make it less confusing for users when they access
the Samba server from Windows, I want the users to ONLY see the shares that
belong to them.

So, I want to set up each share so that it is only readable and writeable by
a single user. And so that only that user can see the share. What are the key
settings to achieve this kind of "visibility and access control"?

I have figured out most of my Samba issues on my own, but I have a deadline
today to get this issue resolved and I would appreciate hearing from someone
who knows the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Liebman