[Samba] Winbind issues

Joe Schmigel schmigelj at asconline.com
Mon Apr 26 15:15:59 GMT 2004

I just moved from Samba 2.2 to Samba 3.  I made the necessary changes to
the smb.conf file to work with the new version.  Everything works but I
noticed when I run wbinfo -u, it not only returns the users on the
active directory domain controller, but also the computer accounts.  For
example, a computer named Admin17 appears as a user under Samba now.
This did not happen in version 2.2.  The computer accounts also appear
when the getent passwd command is run.  There are around 200 machines in
our domain so this adds quite a bit of listings.  Is this an added
feature to Samba 3 or do I have the configuration wrong?