Réf. : [Samba] Machine Accounts in Samba3 and OpenLDAP

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Mon Apr 26 08:35:13 GMT 2004

Hi,

I know, I put a bug with no response,
normaly, if you uncomment the part of code ... script adds sambaSamAccount
atribute, you can adding computers on two step :
first step : you have : windows message is same "The user name could be not
find"
-> samba try to add the machine account because not found the entry
second step : the connection work fine
-> samba found entry and modify correcly entry (sambaNTPassword, ....)

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

|---------+--------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Ruslanas Cechovskis" <r.cechovskis at forbis.lt>|
|         |           Envoyé par :                                  |
|         |           samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at list|
|         |           s.samba.org                                   |
|         |                                                         |
|         |                                                         |
|         |           26/04/2004 11:15                              |
|         |                                                         |
|---------+--------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                               |
  |        Pour :   <samba at lists.samba.org>                                                       |
  |        cc :                                                                                   |
  |        Objet :  [Samba] Machine Accounts in Samba3 and OpenLDAP                               |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Trying to run Samba3 and OpenLDAP.. and have a problem with adding
computers
to domain
while checking logs i found that samba is doing such search :
smbldap_search: base => [dc=forbis,dc=lt], filter =>
[(&(uid=test$)(objectclas
s=sambaSamAccount))], scope => [2]
[2004/04/26 09:45:46, 4] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_getsampwnam(1062)
  ldapsam_getsampwnam: Unable to locate user [test$] count=0

i use smbldap-useradd script to add computers .. and entry is without
sambaSamAccount atribute
in smbldap-useradd.pl i found comented entry that samba add sambaSamAccoun
atribute automaticaly... somehow it do not happens..

Also i tryed to put ldap filter = (uid=%u) entry in my smb.conf file ..also
nothing happend samba still searchs in sambaSamAccount

Tryed to uncoment this part of code ... script adds sambaSamAccount
atribute
.. but still cant join domain.. windows message is same "The user name
could
be not find"

And right now im out of ideas ... any help ?

Su pagarba,

Ruslanas Cechovskis
UAB "Forbis" inzinerius