[Samba] Problem : Samba 3.0.2a as PDC with Win2000 Pro

welly hartanto welly_samba at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 14:13:39 GMT 2004

Hi, all....

Honestly I'm a newbie in Linux. For a couple days,
I've been trying to build my own PDC server.
I've got enough manual resource for guidance, but
somehow, untill now I can't log my Win2000 Profesional
into the PDC server.
I'm using Debian sid kernel 2.6.5, Samba 3.0.2a and a
Win2000 box as client. I think there's nothing wrong
with my smb.conf ( I guess... ;-P).
I have already add a machine account for win2000 box
with $ appended.
But everytime I tried to configure domain setting in
win200 client it said that the server probably doesn't
have that win2000 mechine account, and if I proceed it
will ended up saying the PDC server doesn't exist.
I'm sorry for this maybe sounds silly...

thanks

--welly---