[Samba] mod_ntlm_winbind

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Apr 25 03:20:14 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 23:22, Samba wrote:
> Thank you for your help, I was hoping to find a different one from that. I
> was having a problem with mod_ntlm and was hoping ntlm_auth was a different
> mod altogether.  My bad

The problem, as I understand it, is that a new apache2 module for
NTLMSSP, using ntlm_auth as the authentication provider, has been
written, but that Apache2 is missing the required connection context to
handle the task properly.

Without the correct connection context, it is not possible to ensure we
authenticate the correct connection, get the right challenge to line up
with the right response etc.

However, if somebody wants to update the Apache 1.3 'mod_ntlm_winbind'
to use ntlm_auth, I'll happily put that into our CVS.  (mod_ntlm_winbind
was a copy of the mod_ntlm from sf.net a while back, hacked to talk to
winbindd, and is in samba.org CVS).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org