[Samba] Upgrade & directory permissions

EXT-Auleta, Michael michael.auleta at boeing.com
Tue Apr 20 17:30:26 GMT 2004

I've just upgraded the version of Samba we're running from 2.2.2 to 3.0.2a and am seeing an issue with permissions on directories.  Users can still map the shares that are set up, but cannot access the directories within those shares.  This is also not consistent; it's not happening to all users.  Our environment:

Samba 3.0.2a
Domain Authentication to a Win2K server
No Winbind
Solaris 8 on a Sun E3000 server

I'm inclined to back out the upgrade, but if there's a quick fix I'd prefer to implement that.

Any ideas?

Mike

Mike Auleta
Boeing IDS, Philadelphia
610-591-3916

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who's following him?