[Samba] Latest windows patches have screwed up samba

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Tue Apr 20 14:26:53 GMT 2004

Others have posted already about this, but so far nobody
in the know has responded:

I am getting an invalid error message when changing user passwords
from the client machine (for example, by using ctl-alt-del and
selecting "change password") from at least one Windows XP pro
workstation (my own -- I have yet to escelate this further, in case
I figure out that it's something simple.)

When I attempt to change the password I get the message:

"The system cannot change your password now because the domain
FMDOM is not available."

FMDOM is, of course, the name of my domain.

However, the password is sucessfully changed.

In my workstation log I get multiple entries (log level
is set to 10) of:

[2004/04/20 09:09:59, 0] passdb/passdb.c:pdb_free_sam(210)
  pdb_free_sam: SAM_ACCOUNT was NULL

With only the time changing.  There are four entries
for each time I try changing the password.

I set my log level to 10 and changed my password,
I'm including log.nmbd and log.smbd in case it helps.

Please request these files from me, I don't want to
post unsolicited attachments to the list.

I also have a tcp dump produced using ethereal of the
time period the password change is taking place.  I
will provide this upon request.

Thanks for any help, and I will post results back
to the list (provided there are any) for those of
you who are also experiencing this issue.

TIA,

--J(K)