[Samba] (no subject)

Alex Short alex at short.net
Mon Apr 19 18:52:27 GMT 2004

I have had a very strange experience upon my migration to samba3 and an
Active Directory environment.

I've migrated over 12 linux boxes that were previously tied into an NT
domain without issue, there is one however that is behaving a bit bizarre.

When I try to mount a share on this box by its new hostname
\\sambabox.newdomain.com, I get a password prompt, which should not
appear.

If i use \\sambabox.olddomain.com, I instantly see the shares available to
me.  Additionally I use the \\ip and again, there is no prompting for
login.

All that appears in the logs is a verify incoming ticket.  Kinda confused
with this one as DNS and such is all hapily updated.  I even tried
uninstalling samba3, trying to remove all proof that it ever even existed
and installed from source.

I've even tried using the same rpm that has worked on other machines
without success.

Help!

[2004/04/19 13:32:48, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(173)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!