[Samba] Samba+Kerberos+OpenAFS

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:00:20 GMT 2004

Okay I don't think what I want to do is possible but here goes.  I want
to deploy a samba domain for my windows clients, but I want samba to
use AFS on the back end.  But AFS requires kerberos to get tickets and
tokens.  So is there anyway to make this work.  I personally don't care
if samba accepts kerberos tickets from the client or not, but a ticket
and AFS token will need to be issued on the samba server so that the
server has access to the users files.

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, comments, or hints.  Since I'm at
a complete loss on how to do this.

Thanks!
Derek